Markam Driving School offers a variety of services for drivers. It is ultimately the goal of the company to be a one-stop facility for all driver needs, including registration, licensing, etc., but at this time Markam mainly offers private and commercial driver education in the Seattle, WA area. MDS has been positioned as an affordable facility offering excellent service.
Markam Driving School, MDS (MDS) has three years to achieve the following goals:
- In year three, achieve sales revenues of approximately $2.1million
- Expand by starting up two more facilities (one in Portland, OR and the other in Tacoma)
- Provide comprehensive driving education services in Pacific Northwest at a very affordable price.
Markam Driving school’s mission is simple: to provide driver education courses that are convenient, comprehensive, and high-quality at a reasonable price. Safety is the most important aspect to driver education. Markam Driving School wants to make sure that its graduates are as safe as possible and exploit this reputation to gain greater market share.
1.3 Keys for Success
Markam Driving School is in a historic moment. Having achieved an enviable record of providing the lowest cost drivers education services with comparable quality for the greater Seattle area, the company is ready to expand into the Pacific Northwest region. The company plans to open two additional facilities in Portland, OR and Tacoma, WA.
Six years ago, when the company began, the owners realized there was an untapped market. High quality driver education at an affordable price was what customers needed. Larger companies were charging too high for their services, and local companies weren’t providing sufficient programs or services. There was a way to make synergy with suppliers and buyers. In this way, companies can cut costs and compete more effectively, which in turn helps them gain market share. Since its inception, MDS has used this strategy to drive growth and create a winning business model. It’s steady growth in a mature market has proven the company’s management policy over time. Now, the company is ready for expansion. The key to success over three years in this endeavor are:
- Lower costs result in a company’s gross margin increasing to 66%
- For each facility, a cost control officer should be appointed. They will report to the president and general manger.
- Implement a cost reduction program across the entire company.
- Strengthen and pursue partnerships and strategic alliances with suppliers so as to further reduce costs.
- Advocacy to obtain contracts with organizations who require our services such police departments, high school and trucking agencies.