E-Commerce Retailer Business Plan

E-Commerce Retailer Business Plan



Modern science has provided us with information about our bodies and the opportunity to order things at home. Why should that only be an option for people with more income? We will ensure that everyone has access to health and convenience.


Nature’s Candy’s mission is to provide the finest in natural supplements using the Internet to lower the consumer’s cost. Our goal is to keep customers happy. This maxim will guide everything else. Our services will exceed the expectations of our customers.


The nutritional supplement market is semi-mature. It features high-growth rates and low barriers to entry. Despite high competition in the market many companies have experienced an average annual growth of 30%. Here are the market leaders

  • GNC (General Nutritional Companies, Inc.), is a national specialty retailer of vitamins, minerals, sports nutrition supplements, and other nutritional products. GNC has more than 3,000 stores and earned $1.19 billion in 2000.
  • Nature’s Sunshine Products, Inc. : Nature’s manufactures, markets, and distributes a wide range of health products. This multi-level marketing firm had approximately $370 Million in revenues.
  • Rexall Sundown, Inc.: Rexall develops, manufactures, markets and sells vitamins, nutritional supplements, and consumer health products through retailers, independent distributors, and mail order. Rexall made approximately $370million in 2000 revenue.
  • International Vitamin Company, Inc.: IVC produces, packages, sells, distributes, and markets private label vitamins and nutritional supplement to health food stores, drug stores, and supermarkets. IVC had revenues of $107 million in 2000.

The primary channels of distribution in this market are:

  • Mass market retailers (Fred Meyer, Rite Aide).
  • Direct Sales Organizations
  • Health Food Stores (GNC).
  • Mail order catalogs as well as the Internet


The three primary categories of vitamin and supplement products in the mass-market retailer channel are broad-line brands (national brands), broad-line brands (private label brands) and small-brands (private label brands). The domestic market is 60% dominated by national and broad-line brands. Private label brands make up the remainder of the market at 40%.

Why Us?

Nature’s Candy’s mission it to provide the highest quality natural supplement using the Internet to lower consumer’s costs. We exist to bring in and keep customers. If we follow this maxim, all else will fall into place. Our services will surpass the expectations of customers.



In the next three years Nature’s Candy intends to create an icon e-commerce brand through laser-focused marketing and will grow and eventually make a profit by the second year

Financial Highlights Year-by-Year

Financing Required

We will start with $80,000 as a donation from our founders

Quack $45,000

Stewart $35,000

Leave a Reply