Safe Current, a small business unit within The Cleveland Illuminating Company’s (TCIC) electric utility, is called The Cleveland Illuminating Company. Brian Henderson was the first to form Safe Current.
Safe Current has identified three key components that will help ensure its sustainability.
- Guarantee 100% customer satisfaction with repeat customers and customer referrals.
- Design and market meaningful, valuable power protection products.
- Financial controls must be implemented and designed. This is vital because Safe Current, although a small business unit within TCIC is a standalone entity financially, and they still have financial and accounting responsibilities towards shareholders.
Safe Current will offer two main products: surge protectors and surge arrestors. These products are manufactured and sold by a contract producer under the Safe Current brand.
- Surge Arrestors – This equipment protects against electrical surges from outside. It is usually mounted near meter.
- Surge Protectors are a piece protecting individual or group of appliances from internal electric spikes. All of Safe Currents protectors are of industrial grade.
Brian is a Case Western Reserve University MBA graduate and has experience as an assistant project manger at ATT. Allegheny Power works in the value addition services department. Safe Current is expected to record impressive sales in years two and three with a correspondingly high net profit.
- To develop a profitable product for TCIC that isn’t regulated from core power generation services.
- To become profitable within one year.
- To use this business model as a template for future ventures.
To develop a family of surge protectors and arrestors for consumers that offer safety and value. Safe Current will benefit from The Cleveland Illuminating Company’s strength to help increase brand recognition. They will surpass all customer expectations with their innovative, practical products. Complete customer satisfaction is guaranteed.
1.3 Keys for Success
- Guarantee 100% customer satisfaction
- Design and sell power protection products of value.
- Design and employ strict financial controls.