This business plan is designed to get investors. La Salsa Fresh Mexican Grill, one of the most popular franchises in Oregon, offers tremendous potential. La Salsa is present in all neighboring Oregon state and is still expanding. Santa Barbara Restaurant Group franchises La Salsa.
There are two main reasons that La Salsa will succeed in Eugene: first is the lack of direct competition (nothing like it in town), the second is the high demand for a product like this in Eugene. Eugene is in preparation for a large population growth period, the current population of the greater Eugene/ Springfield metro area is over 300,000 according to Census 2000 and expanding.
In order to protect investors and owners, a Limited Liability Corporation is created. Benjamin D. Strock hopes to expand La Salsa Oregon in the next three years, and develop between 3-10 restaurants. This business plan includes only the first store plans. More concrete goals will be achieved. La Salsa can generate between $400,000 and $1,000,000 per store depending on its location. SBRG estimates start-up expenses between $300,000.000 and $400,000, with an initial investment of approximately $600,000. Half of this money will be financed by a small business loan, and the other half will come from private investors. Expect high net profits with an estimated $85,000 per shop and possibly even more.
The franchisor, SBRG will control most of pricing, training, building and advertising in exchange for between 8% and 10% of gross sales. The first La Salsa Oregon location will likely be up and running in three months after the initial financing, provided that the location has been approved by the franchisor, franchisee, and investors.
La Salsa Fresh Mexican Grill, Eugene’s premier casual Mexican restaurant, will continue to maintain its uncompromising standards as we expand to more than 3 restaurants. These six guiding principles will help us judge the correctness of our decisions.
- Offer a great place to work and treat employees with dignity.
- Diversity is an important component of how we do business.
- To provide exceptional food production, preparation and service for our customers, we apply the highest standards of excellence.
- Building lasting relationships between guests.
- Give back to the community and the environment.
- Recognize that profitability is essential to our future success.
- You can establish a LLC to limit your personal and investor liability.
- Financing completed construction in three months.
- In the first quarter, achieve positive net profit
- Be a market leader for Eugene
- Monthly revenues of $60,000 or more
- Increase annual sales between 3-7%.
1.3 Keys To Success
- Location, Location, Location.
- Secure individual investors by securing bank financing at low interest rates.
- Finding and hiring qualified motivated employees.
- How to control the marketing dollars used to increase sales.
- Amazing food, with unmatched taste.