As the megaplexes of major chains pile more people into smaller spaces, the number is shrinking. Many of the downtown theaters that were once so popular have been closed due to this profit strategy. Second Run Pizza is theater/restaurant business. It believes there is a substantial number of theater-goers searching for a more satisfying way to catch a film and enjoy a little bit of food. Second Run Pizza will renovate the downtown Majestic Theater to create a medium-sized restaurant that will screen second-run movies that are still popular with our target market. We will offer a totally unique dining and movie experience at a affordable price that will fill the theater space with repeat customers.
The owners of Second Run Pizza, Robert Williamson and Judy Fillmore, stress two factors that they believe assures the success of the business:
- Judy’s 15-years of experience as a management professional at four of the city’s most successful restaurants. Robert’ is the manager of The Lighthouse Theater. A small art house theatre that Robert stewarded to profitability, it has recently returned under Robert’s care.
- Robert’s strong seven year working relationship with Premiere Film Distributors which will provide the second run films for Second Run Pizza.
Our market and financial analyses indicate that with a start-up expenditure of $300,000 we can generate $600,000 in sales by the end of year one, and produce high net profits by the end of year three.
Sales above $600K for the first year; more than a quarter million for the third.
Personnel costs less than $300K the first year.
Profitable in the first year. Net profits increase each year.
Second Run’s mission it to create an enjoyable, satisfying theater experience for its customers. Second Run will encourage them to return to Second Run often and to share Second Run with their friends. Our customers will love our high level of service and excellent food. We also offer a theatre environment that is unmatched. When the film ends and the applause die out, we believe that our customers will prefer to watch a new movie at Second Run rather than to ever be squeezed into a Megaplex again.
1.3 Keys To Success
- A selection of popular films that are most effective in a group viewing environment, e.g. You can choose from horror, comedy or adventure films.
- Give exceptional service that makes a lasting impression.
- High quality products and an enjoyable environment.
- To enable capital growth, we must manage our cash flow and internal finances.
- Strenuous control of every cost, at all times and without exception.