Ice Dreams will sell shave ice as its primary product in addition to soft drinks and frosty Latin drinks called licuados. Shaved Ice is the hottest dessert since frozen yogurt. Shave ice is heating up rapidly and shows no sign of cooling.
Shaved ice has been around since the beginning, in Asia. Then, it became popular in Hawaii. People would use a razor to cut the ice, creating a hard, white snow. To make a refreshing treat, they would add fruit juices to the ice. It was impossible to keep this delicious recipe secret. The popularity of shaving ice has increased in recent years.
Shave ice can be distinguished from snocones in that it is made using a small counter top machine that shaves the ice, rather than grinding it like an snocone machine. This results in ice that is as fine as real snow. The shaved snow is placed in a cup or bowl. The syrup stays in the snow’s soft texture and does not settle to the bottom, unlike traditional sno cones. You must use a spoon to eat the syrup, as it is absorbed by the snow.
Shave ice is delicious and tender. It’s made with the best, most flavorful tropical fruits flavors.
Privately owned commercial property, located at Highway 86 (Adams Avenue), El Centro will be the site of a drive-through shop. The business will include other products such as beverages (soft drinks, licuados)
- To construct a drive through building (12’8242 x 20′) on existing commercial property (50′ x 120′).
- To make a minimum of $50,000 in net profits by the third year.
- To sell 20 different Mexican and tropical flavoured syrups.
- To sell other products such as soft drinks and licuados.
Ice Dreams is a California-based company that produces and sells shave ice. It will also offer soft drinks, licuados, and syrups. Retail customers will come from low- and mid-income households, with a range of ages that includes children and adults.
Success keys 1.3
Here are the keys for success
- The first of its kind in El Centro.
- The business will be situated on a major highway near several housing developments, the city swimming pool, schools, parks, and along a major motel and restaurant strip.
- High quality products will include a variety of Mexican and tropical flavors syrups.
- Potential expansion opportunities exist for businesses in other Imperial County towns.
- El Centro experiences hot to warm weather during seven months of the calendar year.
- Highway 86’s two-way traffic averages 48,300 vehicles per day.